- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cans of either vanilla or chocolate butter cream frosting
- Heat oven to 350* degrees
- Grease and flour two 9 " baking pans.
- In large mixer bowl, stir together sugar, flour cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Very good with vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Can use 2" round cake pans, double recipe and make large cake.
NotesSimply one of the best from scratch cakes we've ever had! My mother-in-law offered it right up for bakespace.com readers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More