- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstorySimply one of the best from scratch cakes we've ever had! My mother-in-law offered it right up for bakespace.com readers!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cans of either vanilla or chocolate butter cream frosting
- Heat oven to 350* degrees
- Grease and flour two 9 " baking pans.
- In large mixer bowl, stir together sugar, flour cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Very good with vanilla or chocolate buttercream frosting.
- Can use 2" round cake pans, double recipe and make large cake.