- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5-6 yams
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil yams (whole) until soft when pricked with fork.
- Remove skin from yams.
- Mash with electric mixer, adding sugar and butter.
- Pour in greased casserole dish.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Bake until marshmallows brown, about 20 minutes.
NotesThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious yam casserole recipe and make it perfect every time!