- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 chicken breasts with skin
- 2stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Cook vegetables in olive oil in large pan until soft.
- Add chicken breasts and cook to brown.
- Add water and next 5 ingredients
- Let simmer for 2-3 hours
- Remove chicken breasts, remove skin and bones as necessary and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add 1 cup of noodles (can substitute rice, if desired), cook until noodles are soft.
- Add additional water as needed.
- Correct seasonings and return chicken to pot.
NotesFavorite of the Deibel family - LOVE this for feeling under the weather or just one of those "want to feel cozy winter days".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cooking with SabraSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More