- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup onion flakes
- 1/2 cup split peas
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup lentil beans
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup ditalinni (short tube pasta)
- 1/2 cup egg noodles
- In a large pan pour a small amount of olive oil and brown one 1 lb of ground beef.
- Remove beef and reserve water.
- Add list of ingredients (and water from browned beef) into a large soup pot with 12 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and then bring heat down just below rolling boil and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Add pasta, beef and cook another 15 minutes.
NotesOne of my mother-in-laws all time favorite recipes!!