- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth ( beef or chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- Brown bacon in a large kettle.
- Remove bacon (eat or crumble and add to soup later) and brown meat in grease.
- Pour water over the meat to cover and add parsley, celery, onion, cabbage, tomatoes, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Set aside meat and let cool.
- Add potatoes and frozen vegetables about 1 hour before meat is ready to be removed.
- Add sugar about 15 min before soup is done.
- Chop meat into bite size pieces and add to broth.
NotesMy mother-in-laws favorite soup recipe!