- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth ( beef or chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- Brown bacon in a large kettle.
- Remove bacon (eat or crumble and add to soup later) and brown meat in grease.
- Pour water over the meat to cover and add parsley, celery, onion, cabbage, tomatoes, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Set aside meat and let cool.
- Add potatoes and frozen vegetables about 1 hour before meat is ready to be removed.
- Add sugar about 15 min before soup is done.
- Chop meat into bite size pieces and add to broth.
NotesMy mother-in-laws favorite soup recipe!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More