- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth ( beef or chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- Brown bacon in a large kettle.
- Remove bacon (eat or crumble and add to soup later) and brown meat in grease.
- Pour water over the meat to cover and add parsley, celery, onion, cabbage, tomatoes, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Set aside meat and let cool.
- Add potatoes and frozen vegetables about 1 hour before meat is ready to be removed.
- Add sugar about 15 min before soup is done.
- Chop meat into bite size pieces and add to broth.
NotesMy mother-in-laws favorite soup recipe!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
AMFC Clamily Cook BookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More