- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c . shortening
- 2/3 c. butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Colored / Red & Green Sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat eggs slightly in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix on medium speed (using mixer) until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
- Separate dough into two balls and flatten with palm of hands.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll on slightly floured surface until 1/8" thick and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
NotesEvery year my mother-in-law makes all of stockings - adults, kids, everyone - and her delicious sugar cookies always look fantastic and taste even better!!!
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More