- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c . shortening
- 2/3 c. butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Colored / Red & Green Sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat eggs slightly in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix on medium speed (using mixer) until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
- Separate dough into two balls and flatten with palm of hands.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll on slightly floured surface until 1/8" thick and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
NotesEvery year my mother-in-law makes all of stockings - adults, kids, everyone - and her delicious sugar cookies always look fantastic and taste even better!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Adventures in CookingSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More