- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- Part 1:
- 5 large Apples - sliced and peeled (any type)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Part 2:
- Mix together in large bowl
- 3 c flour
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c.crisco oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c. orange juice
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together (part 1): Apples, cinnamon
- & granulated sugar. Set to the side and let stand.
- Part 2: Mix together in large bowl -- flour, sugar, crisco oil, eggs, salt, orange juice, vanilla & baking powder
- After batter / dough is mixed (it will be somewhat smooth, shiny and elastic in consistency. Do not overbeat.)
- Put into greased and floured tube pan in layers, starting with a layer of dough.
- Then add a layer of apple mixture. then a layer of dough and so on until you end with apples.
- Bake for 1hr and 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean (batter free).
- (toothpick may have a little of the apple combination on it and cake will be done as long as no batter is on it.)
- Heat up frosting until semi liquid then pour slowly over top of cake.
NotesThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious Jewish Apple Cake recipe and make it perfect every time!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More