- Cooking Time: 200
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1lb of lump crab meat
- 1lb crab claw meat
- 10 crab claws (cleaned and whole)
- 6 quarts water
- 2 handfuls of parsley
- 7 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 lg. onion chopped
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 1 can tomatoes chopped
- 4-5 med. potatoes, chopped
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- 2 tsp coarse salt ( may need more, adjust to your taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T sugar
- 2 TSP Old Bay Seasoning
- Pour water into large pot and add parsley, celery, onion, cabbage, tomatoes, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 2 hours
- Set aside meat and let cool.
- Add potatoes and frozen vegetables at the beginning of 2nd hour of simmering time.
- Add sugar and Old Bay Seasoning about 15 min before soup is done.
- Add Crab meat to soup
NotesThis is a variation of my mother-in-laws vegetable soup - she's a Marylander and makes a mean crab soup. You will want to try this recipe!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More