- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 c sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 T nutmeg
- 2 T vanilla
- 1 loaf of wet bread (sprinkle with water)
- 1 c raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add milk, evaporated milk. nutmeg, vanilla and raisins.
- Pour over bread crumbs (I use raisin bread when I have it. It adds to the flavor) and mix.
- Pour into deep greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- If you have a hot oven, you may want to sit dish in a pan with about 1/2" of water so bottom doesn’t burn.
NotesMy mother-in-law makes homemade bread pudding each and every family event! My husband absolutely RAVES about how fantastic this recipe is!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Simple Homemade Favorites
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More