ANGEL ACRES OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING
- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 c sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 T nutmeg
- 2 T vanilla
- 1 loaf of wet bread (sprinkle with water)
- 1 c raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add milk, evaporated milk. nutmeg, vanilla and raisins.
- Pour over bread crumbs (I use raisin bread when I have it. It adds to the flavor) and mix.
- Pour into deep greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- If you have a hot oven, you may want to sit dish in a pan with about 1/2" of water so bottom doesn’t burn.
NotesMy mother-in-law makes homemade bread pudding each and every family event! My husband absolutely RAVES about how fantastic this recipe is!!!