- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 80
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c . shortening
- 2/3 c. butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Beat eggs slightly in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix on medium speed (using mixer) until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
- Separate dough into two balls and flatten with palm of hands.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll on slightly floured surface until 1/8" thick and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
NotesThis recipe is from my mother-in-law, Carol Deibel. She makes them whenever the grand kids go over to visit and we snag them too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce