- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 80
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c . shortening
- 2/3 c. butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Beat eggs slightly in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix on medium speed (using mixer) until ingredients are well blended and form a ball.
- Separate dough into two balls and flatten with palm of hands.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll on slightly floured surface until 1/8" thick and cut dough with cookie cutters into desired shapes.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
NotesThis recipe is from my mother-in-law, Carol Deibel. She makes them whenever the grand kids go over to visit and we snag them too!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More