- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 CUPS SUGAR
- 2 STICKS BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ½ CUP COOKING OIL
- ½ TSP. SALT
- ½ TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1 CUP BUTTERMILK
- 2 TSP VANILLA
- 1 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
- 1 TSP LEMON EXTRACT
- 6 EGGS, BEATEN
- 3 CUPS FLOUR
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Grease and flour (or use baker’s spray) a fluted pan or angel food cake pan.
- Beat sugar, butter, cooking oil, salt and baking powder until fluffy.
- Add buttermilk, almond and lemon extract and beaten eggs.
- Beat this on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the flour on low speed until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Once cool, turn onto serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Note: Mine always takes more than the time shown. Depends on the oven I guess.
NotesThis is my mother-in-laws version of the standard pound cake recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
culinary karmaSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More