- Cooking Time: 80
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 CUPS SUGAR
- 2 STICKS BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ½ CUP COOKING OIL
- ½ TSP. SALT
- ½ TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1 CUP BUTTERMILK
- 2 TSP VANILLA
- 1 TSP ALMOND EXTRACT
- 1 TSP LEMON EXTRACT
- 6 EGGS, BEATEN
- 3 CUPS FLOUR
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Grease and flour (or use baker’s spray) a fluted pan or angel food cake pan.
- Beat sugar, butter, cooking oil, salt and baking powder until fluffy.
- Add buttermilk, almond and lemon extract and beaten eggs.
- Beat this on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Fold in the flour on low speed until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Once cool, turn onto serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Note: Mine always takes more than the time shown. Depends on the oven I guess.
NotesThis is my mother-in-laws version of the standard pound cake recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More