- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 c. canned pumpkins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 450.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the other ingredients in the order given.
- Pour carefully into an unbaked 9 or 10" deep dish pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes - then reduce heat to 325* and bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Do not overbake; the custard will be creamier and softer than ordinary pumpkin pies.
- Cool on a rack.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream.
NotesThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious pumpkin pie recipe and make it perfect every time!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More