- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 c light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 c. canned pumpkins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 450.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the other ingredients in the order given.
- Pour carefully into an unbaked 9 or 10" deep dish pie shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes - then reduce heat to 325* and bake for 50 minutes or until set.
- Do not overbake; the custard will be creamier and softer than ordinary pumpkin pies.
- Cool on a rack.
- Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream.
NotesThis recipe comes from my mother-in-law Carol Deibel and she is a fabulous cook! We think everyone should be able to follow her simple, yet delicious pumpkin pie recipe and make it perfect every time!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More