- Cooking Time: 100
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts (chopped fine - I use my coffee grinder to chop)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tsp. lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Prep Instructions
- All pastry ingredients must be at room temperature; mix like a pie crust. (I use food processor).
- Chill 1 hour.
- Pinch 48 balls and mold into small muffin tin.
- Bake at 325* for approximately 15 minutes or until brown
- Cool and add lemon curd filling.
- Top with berries if desired.
- Making the lemon curd*
- In top of a double boiler, combine sugar, butter, zest and lemon juice.
- Over simmering - not boiling water, stir mixture until butter has melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Stirring constantly, spoon a little of the hot butter mixture into beaten eggs.
- Pour egg mix into hot butter mixture, stirring constantly to blend.
- Cook over simmering water until it has thickened - about 20 minutes.
- Remove lemon curd from heat, cool and refrigerate.
- *This is not as difficult as it sounds, but you can buy premade lemon custard if you want or substitute any other filling you would like
NotesSIMPLY delicious, tasty and tangy - nothing more to say other than...you will WANT to make this dessert!
Fun appetizers and snacks
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More