- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c + 2 T flour
- 1 stick butter cut into bits
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar + additional for sifting over the cookies
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl blend together 1 c flour, butter and 1/4 c confectioner sugar until mixture resembles meal.
- Put the mixture into an 8 " square baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it is pale golden.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the eggs until they are thick and pale, beat in sugar and lemon juice.
- Beat for 8 minutes.
- Sift in the remaining 2 T flour and the baking powder.
- Stir to combine and pour over baked layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle baked cookies with Confectioner sugar, cut into bars and serve.
NotesLemon bars are a big Deibel family favorite!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More