- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c + 2 T flour
- 1 stick butter cut into bits
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar + additional for sifting over the cookies
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl blend together 1 c flour, butter and 1/4 c confectioner sugar until mixture resembles meal.
- Put the mixture into an 8 " square baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it is pale golden.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the eggs until they are thick and pale, beat in sugar and lemon juice.
- Beat for 8 minutes.
- Sift in the remaining 2 T flour and the baking powder.
- Stir to combine and pour over baked layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle baked cookies with Confectioner sugar, cut into bars and serve.
NotesLemon bars are a big Deibel family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More