- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 c + 2 T flour
- 1 stick butter cut into bits
- 1/4 c confectioners sugar + additional for sifting over the cookies
- 2 lg. eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl blend together 1 c flour, butter and 1/4 c confectioner sugar until mixture resembles meal.
- Put the mixture into an 8 " square baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it is pale golden.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the eggs until they are thick and pale, beat in sugar and lemon juice.
- Beat for 8 minutes.
- Sift in the remaining 2 T flour and the baking powder.
- Stir to combine and pour over baked layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle baked cookies with Confectioner sugar, cut into bars and serve.
NotesLemon bars are a big Deibel family favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More