- Cooking Time: 16
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line two 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pans with Reynold's parchment paper.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on box.
- Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle powdered sugar over 2 kitchen towels.
- Immediately invert cakes onto prepared towels.
- Gently peel off paper.
- Roll up cakes in towels, jellyroll style, starting on the short side.
- Cool completely on wire racks, seam side down.
- Unroll cakes.
- Spread each with 1 cup Cool Whip to within 1 inch of edges.
- Combine pie filling and extract; spread over Cool Whip on each cake.
- Roll up again, removing towel.
- Place seam-side down on serving plate.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Slice and serve.
NotesA special recipe passed on to me from a co-worker, who got it from her Mom.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Short & SweetSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More