- Cooking Time: 16
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line two 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pans with Reynold's parchment paper.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on box.
- Spread evenly in prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle powdered sugar over 2 kitchen towels.
- Immediately invert cakes onto prepared towels.
- Gently peel off paper.
- Roll up cakes in towels, jellyroll style, starting on the short side.
- Cool completely on wire racks, seam side down.
- Unroll cakes.
- Spread each with 1 cup Cool Whip to within 1 inch of edges.
- Combine pie filling and extract; spread over Cool Whip on each cake.
- Roll up again, removing towel.
- Place seam-side down on serving plate.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Slice and serve.
NotesA special recipe passed on to me from a co-worker, who got it from her Mom.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More