- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups large egg whites (about 12)
- 1 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Move oven rack to lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix powdered sugar and flour together; Set aside.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar 2 Tbsp. at a time at high speed.
- Add vanilla, almond extract and salt with the last 2 Tbsp. of sugar.
- Continue beating until stiff, glossy meringue forms.
- Sprinkle sugar and flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over meringue, folding just until sugar and flour mixture disappears.
- Push batter into an ungreased angel food pan.
- Cut gently through batter with metal spatula.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until cracks feel dry and top springs back when touched lightly.
- Immediately turn pan upside down onto heatproof funnel or bottle. Let hang about 2 hours or until cake is completely cool.
- Loosen side of cake with knife or long, metal spatula.
- Remove from pan; cut with serrated knife.
- Serve with strawberries and whipped topping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More