ANGEL FOOD COCONUT CREAM CAKE
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) purchased round angel food cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can coconut pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons coconut, lightly toasted
- Fresh sliced fruit of your choice
Split cake horizontally to make 4 layers. (To split, mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin serrated knife.)
Place bottom layer on serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup of the pie filling.
Repeat with 2 more layers. Replace top cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with whipped topping. Sprinkle top with coconut. Garnish on top as desired. Store in refrigerator.