- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package white angel food cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened (thawed and drained) raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons seedless red raspberry jam, melted
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Move oven rack to middle position.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cake mix and 1 1/4 cups cold water in extra-large glass or metal bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- Pour into 2 ungreased loaf pans, 9x5x3 inches, or 3 ungreased loaf pans, 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2 inches.
- Bake 9-inch pans 35 to 45 minutes, 8 1/2-inch pans 28 to 38 minutes, or until top is dark golden brown and cracks feel very dry and not sticky.
- Do not underbake.
- Immediately turn each pan on its side on heatproof surface and let rest until completely cool.
- Run knife around edges; remove from pans.
- Line each same loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to extend over edges. Place raspberries, sugar and jam in food processor; cover and process, using 3 quick on-and-off motions, until coarsely chopped. Cut each loaf cake horizontally into 4 slices, using serrated or electric knife. Place 1 slice in bottom of each pan; spread 3 tablespoons of the raspberry mixture over each. Top with another slice cake. Repeat with remaining raspberry mixture and cake slices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.
- To remove loaves easily from pans, place serving plate upside down on top of pan; turn pan upside down onto plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap. Cut each loaf crosswise into 8 slices, using serrated or electric knife. Serve with whipped topping and blueberries.