- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (24 to 26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce*
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, whipping cream, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large saucepan. Simmer on med-low heat for 45 minutes - DO NOT BOIL.
- Cook the angel hair pasta in boiling water to al dente, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta, and garnish with the fresh Parmesan cheese.
- *I used Bertolli Five Cheese with Asiago & Fontina Cheeses
- **Adding chicken or shrimp to this recipe would further enhance it's awesome flavor!
NotesLast night I was looking for something between traditional spaghetti sauce and a white creamy sauce to serve with pasta, to make for my boyfriend. I ran across this recipe, and yum! The nutmeg adds a unique twist to the flavor
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More