- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (24 to 26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce*
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, whipping cream, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large saucepan. Simmer on med-low heat for 45 minutes - DO NOT BOIL.
- Cook the angel hair pasta in boiling water to al dente, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta, and garnish with the fresh Parmesan cheese.
- *I used Bertolli Five Cheese with Asiago & Fontina Cheeses
- **Adding chicken or shrimp to this recipe would further enhance it's awesome flavor!
NotesLast night I was looking for something between traditional spaghetti sauce and a white creamy sauce to serve with pasta, to make for my boyfriend. I ran across this recipe, and yum! The nutmeg adds a unique twist to the flavor
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More