- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTIP: Before cooking pasta, rub the sides of the pot w/ a little oil.
This will prevent the water from boiling over in the pot.
TIP: If you use garlic often, chop several heads of garlic at once.
Place the chopped garlic in 1 T. olive oil in an air tight glass
container. Store in the coldest part of the frig for up to 2 wks.
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally in 1/4 in. pieces
- 1 (10 oz ) pkg. frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 2/3 c. low fat chicken broth
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Spray Pam on skillet. Heat to med. Add chicken. Cook, stirring till
- chicken is cooked through, about 5 min. Remove from skillet .
- 2. Heat remaining vegetables in Pam coated skillet,also. FIRST; add
- carrot to skillet, cook, stirring for 4 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic
- to skillet. Cook, stirring for 2 min longer.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking,
- add chicken broth,basil and parmesan to skillet. Stir to combine. Return
- chicken to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 min.
- 4. Drain pasta. Place in a large serving bowl. Top w/ chicken and
- vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.