ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH CHICKEN:
Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken:
- Servings: 4
- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 carrot, sliced diagonally in 1/4 in. pieces
- 1 (10 oz ) pkg. frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. angel hair pasta
- 2/3 c. low fat chicken broth
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1. Spray Pam on skillet. Heat to med. Add chicken. Cook, stirring till
chicken is cooked through, about 5 min. Remove from skillet .
2. Heat remaining vegetables in Pam coated skillet,also. FIRST; add
carrot to skillet, cook, stirring for 4 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic
to skillet. Cook, stirring for 2 min longer.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking,
add chicken broth,basil and parmesan to skillet. Stir to combine. Return
chicken to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 min.
4. Drain pasta. Place in a large serving bowl. Top w/ chicken and
vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.
This will prevent the water from boiling over in the pot.
TIP: If you use garlic often, chop several heads of garlic at once.
Place the chopped garlic in 1 T. olive oil in an air tight glass
container. Store in the coldest part of the frig for up to 2 wks.