ANGEL HAIR PASTA WITH CHICKEN
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 carrots, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Cut chicken into thin strips.
In a heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add chicken.
Sauté until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Transfer chicken to a shallow bowl. Add flour; toss until coated.
Add remaining oil to skillet; heat over medium-high heat.
Add carrots; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add green onions; cook until tender, about 1 minute longer.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, add broth, thyme and chicken to skillet.
Bring mixture to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low.
Cover; simmer for about 5 minutes. Add peas, cream and Parmesan to skillet.
Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley.
Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Spoon chicken mixture over pasta.