Angel hair pasta with a delightful yet simple mushroom sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- about 1 cup roughly chopped (rustic looking) mushroom blend to your liking
- approximately 2-3 large finely chopped shallots
- finely minced garlic to your liking
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to your liking
- approximately 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- about 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
-finely chopped walnuts (about 2 tablespoons)
-pasta to your liking (I chose angel hair since it's my favorite)
I've garnished this dish with a simple chopped tomato, olive oil, garlic, finely chopped onion, and a chiffonade of basil, (salt/pepper to taste)... (simply give a quick saute with the olive oil to the garlic & onion, add tomato, salt/pepper to taste, towards the end add the basil) :-)
Cook pasta according to package directions...
Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook/saute approximately 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook a few minutes more until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, add walnuts. Remove from heat.
Add the cooked pasta & heavy whipping cream, tossing gently to coat the sauce and pasta together. Enjoy :-)