- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen my son was getting engaged his future wife requested we bring this dessert to the party. It is low fat for anyone watching their fat and calories.
Per serving: 210 cal, 6 g pro, 41 g carb, 2 g total fat, 1 mg chol, 1 g fiber and 251 mg sol.
If your not watching your weight you can make this with regular pudding mix and sour cream It taste good both ways.
- 1 1/2 c skim milk
- 1 pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding -- (4 serving size)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c non-fat sour cream
- 1 cool whip -- (4 oz) thawed
- 1 tsp finely shredded orange peel
- 7 c angel food cake cubes -- (1")
- 3 c sliced strawberries
- 1 c sliced strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till just combined. Beat on med speed for about 2 min more or till well mixed.
- Fold in sour cream, cool whip and orange peel.
- In a 8X8X2" baking dish or Trifle Bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the 3 c. strawberries and half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Chill the dessert for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining 1 c of strawberries.