- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c skim milk
- 1 pkg sugar free instant vanilla pudding -- (4 serving size)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c non-fat sour cream
- 1 cool whip -- (4 oz) thawed
- 1 tsp finely shredded orange peel
- 7 c angel food cake cubes -- (1")
- 3 c sliced strawberries
- 1 c sliced strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till just combined. Beat on med speed for about 2 min more or till well mixed.
- Fold in sour cream, cool whip and orange peel.
- In a 8X8X2" baking dish or Trifle Bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the 3 c. strawberries and half the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Chill the dessert for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, top with the remaining 1 c of strawberries.
NotesWhen my son was getting engaged his future wife requested we bring this dessert to the party. It is low fat for anyone watching their fat and calories.
Per serving: 210 cal, 6 g pro, 41 g carb, 2 g total fat, 1 mg chol, 1 g fiber and 251 mg sol.
If your not watching your weight you can make this with regular pudding mix and sour cream It taste good both ways.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More