ANGIE'S GRANDMA'S ITALIAN PIZZELLE COOKIES: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
Angie's Grandma's Italian Pizzelle Cookies: Desperate Housewives
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6 dozen
- Preparation Time: 10
- 12 eggs
- 2 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups vegetable oil
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, and 2 additional egg, or
- 1/2 cup amaretto and an additional 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- You must use a Pizzelle Iron to bake these one!
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and oil and mix until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder, fennel seeds, and optional ingredients if desired, and mix well to form a homogenous batter. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat the pizzelle iron until very hot. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter onto the iron, close it, and return to the heat. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used. Once the pizzelle is done cooking carefully remove it with a fork and cool on a rack or wax paper.