- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 32 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons aniseed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and aniseed.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape into three 10-in. x 3-in. rectangles on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-16 minutes or until firm and golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is set. Refrigerate in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.
NotesMy mother, Tawnya, is Italian, and her mother was a great cook. She made a wonderful biscotti, which are popular Italian dipping cooking. She never used a recipe, but I asked her to write it down for me. I was delighted when she did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More