- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp anise extract
- 1/3 cup anise seeds
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in meduim bowl stir together the flour and baking powder
- Grind the anise seeds until they are pulverized ( i find that a coffee grinder works best)
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until they are light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat for 3 minutes
- Stir in the oil and anise extract. Fold in the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Spread the mixture into an oiled 9 x 13 inch pan and bake 15-20 minutes.
- When the pan cools down slightly , cut the cookie down the middle lenghtwise then cut each half into 1/2 inch slices . Place slices on cooling rack t o finish cooling , you can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top of the cookies if you like.
NotesThis cookie has an intense anisette flavor, I'ts a sponge cookie recipe that i like to make every so often, not only does it have an extra amount of anise extract in it but i also like to add a healthy dose of ground anise seeds in the recipe to give it that intense anise flavor i love. If you like anisette sponge cookies i think you will be pleased with these cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More