- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4+
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 lbs beef, stew meat pieces—approximately 1-inch diced or 4 pieces chicken, on bone
- 4–5 potatoes, medium size
- 4 green peppers
- 4 red peppers
- 4 eggplants, medium
- 5 white onions
- 1 bunch dill
- 2 bunch cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef or chicken into ½-inch cubes.
- Boil the meat in a pot or kettle in a small amount of water.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Keep in water to keep from turning brown.
- Remove seeds from the green and red peppers and cut into strips the size of fettuccine.
- Peel the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise and slice into ½-inch slices.
- Place the sliced eggplant in salted water to remove the bitterness.
- Slice the white onion and chop the dill and cilantro.
- Start by layering the ingredients in a casserole pan: peppers, eggplant, potatoes, beef (or chicken), dill & cilantro, 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Put a little water in the casserole; add only about enough to come up ¼ of the way in the casserole.
- Place on the stove and cook until vegetables are done.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More