- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4+
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 lbs beef, stew meat pieces—approximately 1-inch diced or 4 pieces chicken, on bone
- 4–5 potatoes, medium size
- 4 green peppers
- 4 red peppers
- 4 eggplants, medium
- 5 white onions
- 1 bunch dill
- 2 bunch cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef or chicken into ½-inch cubes.
- Boil the meat in a pot or kettle in a small amount of water.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Keep in water to keep from turning brown.
- Remove seeds from the green and red peppers and cut into strips the size of fettuccine.
- Peel the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise and slice into ½-inch slices.
- Place the sliced eggplant in salted water to remove the bitterness.
- Slice the white onion and chop the dill and cilantro.
- Start by layering the ingredients in a casserole pan: peppers, eggplant, potatoes, beef (or chicken), dill & cilantro, 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Put a little water in the casserole; add only about enough to come up ¼ of the way in the casserole.
- Place on the stove and cook until vegetables are done.