Ann Landers Meatloaf
1. 2 lb ground beef
2. 2 eggs
3. 1 1/4 c bread crumbs or chopped bread
4. 3/4 c ketchup
5. 1/2 c lukewarm water
6. 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
7. 3 strips bacon
8. one 8 oz can tomato sauce
1. Mix the first 6 ingredients together and place in loaf pan. ( use your CLEAN hands to mix)
2. Cover w bacon strips and pour tomato sauce over the whole thing. Secure bacon with toothpicks , if desired.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. ( turn off oven after one hour, let it rest for 10 minutes in the warm oven and pour off the fat and juice)
4. Slice and serve. Good with mashed potatoes and green beans.