- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1-1 1/2Ibs.ground beef browned and drained(Boca Burgers for a veg.meal)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I use my garlic press)
- 3/4 cup finely diced green peppers
- 2 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 30-32oz beans-kidney, or pinto... I use both in mine
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. beaumonde spice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt. I use Kosher salt
- 1TBSP or more chili powder- I start off with a TBSP then keep adding according to the way I like it
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-12 hours or High 5-6 hours.
- You could add 1 tbsp. brown sugar to mixture before cooking or put another 1 pound beans and decrease ground beef to a pound.
- I serve this with Marie Callender's Corn Bread, chopped onions and cheese.... OMG! Enjoy it!
NotesGot this recipe from one of my cookbooks. I have made this for potlucks and I come home with an empty crock! So YUMMY & COMFORTING. I hope you enjoy this one with your loved ones as I have with mine....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More