ANNA'S ULTIMATE FAVORITE CHILI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1-1 1/2Ibs.ground beef browned and drained(Boca Burgers for a veg.meal)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced fine or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I use my garlic press)
- 3/4 cup finely diced green peppers
- 2 14 1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 30-32oz beans-kidney, or pinto... I use both in mine
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp. beaumonde spice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt. I use Kosher salt
- 1TBSP or more chili powder- I start off with a TBSP then keep adding according to the way I like it
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cover. Cook on Low 8-12 hours or High 5-6 hours.
- You could add 1 tbsp. brown sugar to mixture before cooking or put another 1 pound beans and decrease ground beef to a pound.
- I serve this with Marie Callender's Corn Bread, chopped onions and cheese.... OMG! Enjoy it!
NotesGot this recipe from one of my cookbooks. I have made this for potlucks and I come home with an empty crock! So YUMMY & COMFORTING. I hope you enjoy this one with your loved ones as I have with mine....