- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1 T melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 T dry Italian salad dressing
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ C sauterne or sherry
- 1 T chopped onion
- Brush chicken with butter, sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Place in crock pot.
- Sprinkle dry salad mix over.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- About 45 minutes before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan.
- Cook until smooth.
- Pour over chicken in pot.
- Cover and cook another 30 minutes on low.
- Serve with sauce over rice/noodles.
- Serves 4-5.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesThis recipe is over 30 years old, and I still get raves about it when I serve it. The original recipe (from Crockery Cookery) calls for one cut up chicken, but with the ability to buy specific chicken parts these days, I usually use just thighs and breasts. Also I reduced the amount of butter. You can skip the sauterne if you have concerns about alcohol.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Recipes for Vitality
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More