- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 30
- One Acorn Squash cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- Three slices of your favorite bread toasted and chopped (I use sprouted grain)
- About 1/2 cup of Dried Cranberries
- About 4-6TBS of Unsalted Butter, melted (be generous)
- About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Organic Sugar
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Ginger Powder
- About 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bake Acorn Squash in a 350' oven cut side down in a 1/2 inch of water until tender (about a half hour).
- Meanwhile toss Toasted Bread Chunks and Melted Butter.
- Shake in Spices, Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in Cranberries, Red Onion, Chopped Pecans and Sugar.
- When Squash is tender, drain, flip and stuff heaping with Cranberry mixture.
- Bake 15 additional minutes.
NotesI found a recipe for stuffed acorn squash on here, Bakespace. I didn't have an apple on hand so I changed the recipe a whole lot.
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More