- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 30
- One Acorn Squash cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- Three slices of your favorite bread toasted and chopped (I use sprouted grain)
- About 1/2 cup of Dried Cranberries
- About 4-6TBS of Unsalted Butter, melted (be generous)
- About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Organic Sugar
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Ginger Powder
- About 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bake Acorn Squash in a 350' oven cut side down in a 1/2 inch of water until tender (about a half hour).
- Meanwhile toss Toasted Bread Chunks and Melted Butter.
- Shake in Spices, Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in Cranberries, Red Onion, Chopped Pecans and Sugar.
- When Squash is tender, drain, flip and stuff heaping with Cranberry mixture.
- Bake 15 additional minutes.
NotesI found a recipe for stuffed acorn squash on here, Bakespace. I didn't have an apple on hand so I changed the recipe a whole lot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Fun appetizers and snacks
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More