ANNIE'S CRANBERRY STUFFED ACORN SQUASH
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 30
- One Acorn Squash cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- Three slices of your favorite bread toasted and chopped (I use sprouted grain)
- About 1/2 cup of Dried Cranberries
- About 4-6TBS of Unsalted Butter, melted (be generous)
- About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Organic Sugar
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
- Scant 3/4 tsp of Ginger Powder
- About 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Bake Acorn Squash in a 350' oven cut side down in a 1/2 inch of water until tender (about a half hour).
Meanwhile toss Toasted Bread Chunks and Melted Butter.
Shake in Spices, Salt and Pepper.
Stir in Cranberries, Red Onion, Chopped Pecans and Sugar.
When Squash is tender, drain, flip and stuff heaping with Cranberry mixture.
Bake 15 additional minutes.