- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt)
- 6 oz. cream cheese (reduced-fat is fine)
- ¾ cup roasted red bell pepper, diced (or 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and diced)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, ribbed, seeded and minced
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded*
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese, shredded*
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well with a spatula until evenly combine. Spread the mixture in an even layer in a 2-quart casserole dish. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbling. Remove from the oven, garnish with additional cilantro, and serve warm with tortilla chips.
- *Be sure to take the time to grate the cheese yourself rather than buying the pre-shredded type. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with agents such as flour or cornstarch, and results in a sub-optimal gritty texture when melted.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More