- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 leek, sliced in half moons
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chunked
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage and rosemary, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cut chicken into large pieces. Combine flour and seasonings in a resealable plastic bag. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. In a deep ovenproof pot, heat 1 tablesppon oil over medium high heat. Brown half the chicken; transfer to a plate. Brown the rest in oil; remove. Reduce heat to medium.
- Sweat vegetables and bay leaves in oil until softened, 5 minutes. Deglaze with wine; simmer until nearly evaporated. Stir in remaining dredging flour to coat vegetables.
- Gradually add broth. Cover pot and transfer to the oven; cook for 20 minutes. While stew is in the oven, make dumpling dough.
- Stir in chicken, lemon juice and herbs before adding dumplings.
- Blend dry ingredients for dumplings in a mixing bowl. Heat milk and butter until butter melts; blend into dry ingredients. Shape, then drop dumplings onto the simmering stew. Shape them like golf balls. Braise in the oven until dumplings are cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More