ANTIPASTO CRESCENT BITES
- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 16
- 2-oz cream cheese( do not use reduced fat or fat free)
- 8-oz tube of crescent rolls
- 1 egg plus 1 Tbs water, (beaten)
- 4(3x3/4" )roasted red pepper strips
- 2 large marinated artichoke hearts, cut in 1/2 lenghtwise
- 1 thin slice of Genoa or other salami cut into strips( used Ham)
- 4 stuffed green olives, cut into halves( could not fit these on)
Cut the cream cheese into 16 equal pieces, about 1 tsp per piece.
Oven set at 375.
Cut each dough triangle in 1/2 lengthwise. Brush the edges with the egg wash.
Wrap 1 red pepper strip around a piece of the cream cheese.
Place on the dough and roll up.
Do the same with the artichoke half again roll up.
Do the same with the salami roll up.
Again the same with the green olives.
Repeat this process on all remaining triangles. Place the stuffed triangle on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
Bake 12-14 minutes.
I started mine from the thin point and worked my way up to the wide point I also place the triangle seam side down to bake and if making 16 bites you will need more red pepper, artichokes and salami and olives.
You could brush the dough with some Italian dressing in place of the egg wash and you could switch cheeses and peppers.