- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEasy Home Cooking Magazine
- 2-oz cream cheese( do not use reduced fat or fat free)
- 8-oz tube of crescent rolls
- 1 egg plus 1 Tbs water, (beaten)
- 4(3x3/4" )roasted red pepper strips
- 2 large marinated artichoke hearts, cut in 1/2 lenghtwise
- 1 thin slice of Genoa or other salami cut into strips( used Ham)
- 4 stuffed green olives, cut into halves( could not fit these on)
- Cut the cream cheese into 16 equal pieces, about 1 tsp per piece.
- Oven set at 375.
- Cut each dough triangle in 1/2 lengthwise. Brush the edges with the egg wash.
- Wrap 1 red pepper strip around a piece of the cream cheese.
- Place on the dough and roll up.
- Do the same with the artichoke half again roll up.
- Do the same with the salami roll up.
- Again the same with the green olives.
- Repeat this process on all remaining triangles. Place the stuffed triangle on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with the egg wash.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- I started mine from the thin point and worked my way up to the wide point I also place the triangle seam side down to bake and if making 16 bites you will need more red pepper, artichokes and salami and olives.
- You could brush the dough with some Italian dressing in place of the egg wash and you could switch cheeses and peppers.