- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts drained
- 2 4 oz. cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 4 oz. jar pimentos
- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Italian Bread, endive leaves (optional)
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts, mushrooms, pimentos, olives; add green peppers and celery.
- Mix in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, warm olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook till tender.
- Add vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, sugar and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with Italian bread or on fresh endive leaves.
NotesI got this recipe from my sister in law, she's a great cook, and she has a husband (my brother) who is a very finicky eater.