- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch (about 1 1/2 pounds) asparagus, trimmed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16x10" rectangle.
- Place the pastry on a heavy baking sheet.
- With a knife, lightly score the pastry 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle.
- Using a fork, pierce the pastry inside the markings at 1/2" intervals to prevent the dough from rising too high.
- Place pastry in the middle rack of the oven. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, blanch the asparagus in a large pot of boiling, salted water until virantly green and tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the pastry shell from the oven, and sprinkle with the Gruyere.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer over the Gruyere, alternating ends and tips.
- Sprinkle the quartered tomatoes over the tart and finish with a layer of Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and return to oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are soft.