- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs asparagus
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp minced scallions
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 12c water
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- Bring to a boil: 12c water, 1.5 tbsp salt
- Add & cook for 1.5 - 5 min: 2lbs asparagus, each stalk cut in half
- When asparagus is tender w/slight crunch, drain & rinse with cold water
- Mix in a small bowl: 1 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp cold water. Let stand for 10 min.
- Add 1 tbsp miso. Vigorously whisk together to break up the miso until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp minced scallions, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, and 2 tsp soy sauce.
- Pour dressing over asparagus & toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesFrom the Joy of Cooking, a favorite of DH's and mine. Quick & easy!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Babette's Test Kitchen
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More