- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2lbs asparagus
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cold water
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp minced scallions
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce.
- 12c water
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- Bring to a boil: 12c water, 1.5 tbsp salt
- Add & cook for 1.5 - 5 min: 2lbs asparagus, each stalk cut in half
- When asparagus is tender w/slight crunch, drain & rinse with cold water
- Mix in a small bowl: 1 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp cold water. Let stand for 10 min.
- Add 1 tbsp miso. Vigorously whisk together to break up the miso until smooth.
- Add 2 tbsp minced scallions, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, and 2 tsp soy sauce.
- Pour dressing over asparagus & toss well. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesFrom the Joy of Cooking, a favorite of DH's and mine. Quick & easy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More