- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 C finely crushed tortilla chips, any flavor
- 2 T margarine, melted
- 1 C cottage cheese
- (3) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- (1) 8 oz. container of sour cream
- (1) 4 oz. can chopped green chiles, ortega or jalapeno
- 1 tsp Knorr Suiza or chicken consomme (base)
- 1 C chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 C green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 C sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 - 2 avocadoes, sliced, put a few drops of lemon on them to
- Combine the tortilla chips and margarine and press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9" spring
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the cottage cheese in a blender, food processor or mixer and beat until smooth.
- Combine the cottage cheese and cream cheese,
- mixing a medium speed until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix between additions.
- Blend in the cheddar cheese and chiles.
- Pour the mixture over the baked crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 1 hour at 325F.
- Combine the sour cream or option and Knorr or chicken consomme and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture over the hot cheesecake;
- return to the oven and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool completely before removing the rim.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake until ready to serve.
- Top with the tomatoes, chives, olives and avocadoes.
- I put the olives in the middle and arrange the avocado slices, tomatoes and chives in a pinwheel fashion, but be creative and do
- whatever suits your fancy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More