- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 16 Spears Fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 Slices Prosciutto
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Simmer the spears in boiling salted water until they turn bright green, immerse in iced water, then proceed with the recipe.
- I find this step very much needed!!
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.
- Depending on your size of prosciutto slice, wrap 1/2 to 1/3 of a slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip.
- Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.
- Season with S&P.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- Alternative Recipe: Sometimes I chop my Prosciutto and make a side dish out of this.
- I add garlic, oil, asparagus and prosciutto and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve!
NotesSo Yummy! But what dish with Prosciutto isn't? There are two way I make this.... Slightly salty and perfect!
Backstory: Online recipe I changed to fit my tastes. I don't usually go by recipes. They are never exactly what I want. I change a lot of them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More