- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 16 Spears Fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 Slices Prosciutto
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Simmer the spears in boiling salted water until they turn bright green, immerse in iced water, then proceed with the recipe.
- I find this step very much needed!!
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.
- Depending on your size of prosciutto slice, wrap 1/2 to 1/3 of a slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip.
- Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.
- Season with S&P.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- Alternative Recipe: Sometimes I chop my Prosciutto and make a side dish out of this.
- I add garlic, oil, asparagus and prosciutto and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve!
NotesSo Yummy! But what dish with Prosciutto isn't? There are two way I make this.... Slightly salty and perfect!
Backstory: Online recipe I changed to fit my tastes. I don't usually go by recipes. They are never exactly what I want. I change a lot of them!