- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from my boss... fantastic!
- 2 Pie Crusts (either home made or store bought roll crusts)
- 5 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp. cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 brown paper grocery bag
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 1 pie crust in a pie pan.
- In medium mixing bowl toss apples, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg until well coated. Pour mix into pie pan, place cut butter randomly over filling, and cover with second crust over the top. Seal the edges. Cut a vent in the center of the top crust. Slide pie into paper bag and staple closed. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for one hour. Once cooked, cut a circle in top of bag and bake until top is golden brown. Cool and serve!
- The paper bag will not burn, but oven may smell. Make sure the bag does not make contact with the heating element in the oven