- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6oz each
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped apples
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp - 1tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (if you like sweet wine, I recommend a moscato)
- Mix apples, cranberries, and goat cheese in small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut sideways into each chicken breast, being careful to not cut all the way through.
- Stuff each piece of chicken with 1/2 of the apple mixture.
- Transfer to heated pan, and add onions to pan too.
- Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken to plates, and spoon onions and some of the pan sauce over each piece.