- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Preparation Time:
- 200 g flour
- 100 + 20 g sugar
- 120 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples (Golden)
- 1 peach
- 3-4 plums
- cornstarch, powdered sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder on a kneading board, add 100 g of sugar and chopped cold butter. Rub with your hands to get rough crumbs. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Bring everything together, knead shortly and form a ball. Add a bit more flour if the dough is too soft or sticky. Wrap it in a plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
- Wash, peel and core apples. Chop them, and cook for 10 minutes with 20 g of sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Let them cool.
- Peel and chop the peach and the plums. Both peaches and plums that I had were very ripe and juicy. In case yours are hard, you might want to cook them with apples and soften them a bit.
- Mix all the fruit together and add a few teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Take about 2/3 of the dough and press it into a shallow 24 cm cake tin, covering the bottom and the sides up to about 2 cm.
- Pour the fruit in and level with a spoon. Sprinkle with a tablespoon or two of cornstarch.
- Roll out the rest of the dough (over a piece of plastic wrap) and cover the pie. Make a few holes for vents. Trim the upper disc if necessary and seal the edges pressing lightly with a fork.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 40 minutes or until golden.
- Let it cool in the tin and then flip on a plate and then on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with some whipped cream or vanilla icecream.
NotesI like to have this kind of pies for breakfast.
It soft and crumbly. Make sure you use some nice ripe and soft peaches and plums.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More