- Cooking Time: 40 min
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI like to have this kind of pies for breakfast.
It soft and crumbly. Make sure you use some nice ripe and soft peaches and plums.
- 200 g flour
- 100 + 20 g sugar
- 120 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 apples (Golden)
- 1 peach
- 3-4 plums
- cornstarch, powdered sugar
- Sift the flour and baking powder on a kneading board, add 100 g of sugar and chopped cold butter. Rub with your hands to get rough crumbs. Add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Bring everything together, knead shortly and form a ball. Add a bit more flour if the dough is too soft or sticky. Wrap it in a plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
- Wash, peel and core apples. Chop them, and cook for 10 minutes with 20 g of sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of water. Let them cool.
- Peel and chop the peach and the plums. Both peaches and plums that I had were very ripe and juicy. In case yours are hard, you might want to cook them with apples and soften them a bit.
- Mix all the fruit together and add a few teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Take about 2/3 of the dough and press it into a shallow 24 cm cake tin, covering the bottom and the sides up to about 2 cm.
- Pour the fruit in and level with a spoon. Sprinkle with a tablespoon or two of cornstarch.
- Roll out the rest of the dough (over a piece of plastic wrap) and cover the pie. Make a few holes for vents. Trim the upper disc if necessary and seal the edges pressing lightly with a fork.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 40 minutes or until golden.
- Let it cool in the tin and then flip on a plate and then on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with some whipped cream or vanilla icecream.