APPLE 'N SPICE CAKE WITH CARAMEL GLAZE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 (20-ounce) can light apple pie filling
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a small bowl, and set aside. Combine the applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a bowl, and set aside. Place eggs in a large bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add flour mixture and applesauce mixture alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Fold in raisins and pie filling.
- Spoon cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle syrup over top of cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More