- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 2. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- 3. Drain, coarsely chop, and set aside.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute white onion and garlic 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 5. Stir in beef stock, pinto beans, tomatoes, celery, and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 6. Reduce heat, and simmer.
- 7. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the apple in the red wine until soft.
- 8. Mix bacon, apple, and remaining red wine into the soup mixture.
- 9. Season with salt and pepper.
- 10. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally until well blended.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cooking for a CureSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More