- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separate out yolks
- Corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apples, peeled sliced and core removed
- Cut Crisco into 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Separate one egg. Add enough milk to the yolk to make 2/3 cup liquid and stir into flour mixture as you would making pie crust.
- Roll 1/2 of the dough out in a large rectangle and put in a jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs to just cover bottom crust. Cover crumbs with apples. This will take a lot of apples, but don't skimp. The apples will "cook down" as they bake and you don't want to eat just crust.
- Mix 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. (I adjust the sugar depending on how tart the apples are).
- Top apples with remaining crust slightly crimping the edges together and brush with slightly beaten egg white.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Glaze with powdered sugar frosting while warm.
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More