- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup Crisco
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separate out yolks
- Corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apples, peeled sliced and core removed
- Cut Crisco into 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Separate one egg. Add enough milk to the yolk to make 2/3 cup liquid and stir into flour mixture as you would making pie crust.
- Roll 1/2 of the dough out in a large rectangle and put in a jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with corn flake crumbs to just cover bottom crust. Cover crumbs with apples. This will take a lot of apples, but don't skimp. The apples will "cook down" as they bake and you don't want to eat just crust.
- Mix 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. (I adjust the sugar depending on how tart the apples are).
- Top apples with remaining crust slightly crimping the edges together and brush with slightly beaten egg white.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Glaze with powdered sugar frosting while warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More