- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThanks to Whole Foods Market for this one. Use a nut that you have tested.
- 1 Gala or Fuji apple, peeled and grated
- 2 medium beets (about 1/2 pound), peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow apples and beets to soften and flavors to come together.
- Per Serving:130 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 3g protein