- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Gala or Fuji apple, peeled and grated
- 2 medium beets (about 1/2 pound), peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons juice and 1 teaspoon zest from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow apples and beets to soften and flavors to come together.
- Per Serving:130 calories (60 from fat), 7g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 12g sugar), 3g protein
NotesThanks to Whole Foods Market for this one. Use a nut that you have tested.