- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (12 oz) all-butter loaf or pound cake quartered.
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tspns pumpkin pie spice
- 5 Rome apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 pkgs (4.4 oz.each) fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut up
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven at 350. Coat 2 quart deep baking dish w/ nonstick spary.
- Place 1/2 of the pound cake in food processor.Pulse until no large pieces remain.Add second half of pound cake & pulse until crumbs are formed.Transfer to large bowl.Stir melted butter,almonds & 1 tspn. of pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- In a second large bowl,combine apple slices,blueberries,brown sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice. Combine.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the crumb mix into bottom of prepared dish,coating evenly. Top w/ half of the apple mixture & half of the remaining crumb mix. Repeat, ending w/ crumb mix. Dot top of mixture w/ the cold butter pieces and cover.
- 5.Bake at 350 for 30 min. uncover & continue to bake for 30 more minutes. Cool at least 15 min. before serving w/ ice cream or whipped cream on the side, if desired.
NotesThis is a great dessert. The recipe was in one of my mom's Family Circle magazine. Hope you enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More