- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large granny smith or honey crisp apple, cored and cubed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups Bisquick
- ½ cup water
- Vanilla Caramel Sauce:
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter (4 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Toss the cubed apple pieces in the mixture to coat completely.
- Mix the Bisquick and water together to form a dough, then divide into quarters and pat each quarter into a 4 inch diameter round.
- Place two heaping spoonfuls of the apples into the middle of each biscuit and fold up the biscuit around the filling, leaving it open at the top, and place in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes.
- The biscuit will have blossomed open.
- When they are about 5 minutes from being done, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir in the sugars and the vanilla extract, and simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- If necessary, add a tablespoon or two of water.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Transfer the apple blossoms to individual plates, spoon the vanilla caramel sauce over the top and serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
NotesThese dumplings are a wonderful celebration of the cooler temperatures and crisp apples of fall.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More